A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Monday Morning

Manic Monday.
Good morning, grab the blackberry... scroll the emails
oooh,
the usual
"Dear Sabrina,
It was so nice meeting you but we have decided to go in a different direction.......
we will keep you in mind for further opportunities.....
...."

I am used to those by now-
I am starting to get less and less "shocked" every-time, which may be a bad thing, because we need to keep confidence in the fact that we ARE IT, we deserve it, etc.. and if I loose that, then maybe there is a reason NO ONE WANTS ME! ha.

The real reason I am sharing this particular, sorry you are still unemployed e-mail, is because.. this particular opportunity, came from within, a friend who had the job, left the job, and put my name up for the job.
I just wanted to share this story of inspiration and motivation.. or just kindness.
I saw a girl I hadn't seen in YEARS (had always adored though) at a holiday party, simply exchanged the usual words, short fun conversation- what are you doing- where are you living- etc. my answers were:
getting married in a week, moving to Beverly Hills, and job hunting... with a quick honeymoon in-between!
LET ME CUT TO THE CHASE...
MONTHS LATER, I received a facebook message... she was leaving her job in Beverly Hills, did I still need one.. was the basic gist. CAN I EVEN BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW KIND I THOUGHT THAT WAS? Lets be honest.. we are all struggling a little, even if we have the job, it may not be the dream job, it may not be paying for our expensive luxury taste, or even just our apartments.. I THOUGHT, HOW NICE IS SHE, TO 1)REMEMBER MONTHS LATER OR 2)FOLLOW THRU AND ACTUALLY CONTACT ME AND OFFER TO HELP... that is the lesson,
A OLD FRIEND WHO IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO HELP OTHERS... that is so great, we should all take notes, and remember... we can do as much as we can to help those around us, and it doesn't go unnoticed, and hopefully... in the future by helping, your karma is only going to be terrific, and it will pay off!
see my message, by helping others, you are going to end up helping yourself- so stop taking the selfish route, help others, because in the end, it still will be selfish ;) and help you!

REALLY, EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T GET THE JOB, I STILL GOT A GLIMPSE OF HOW NICE AND KIND PEOPLE CAN BE... AND THAT IS WORTH MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment