A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Does anybody work in LA?!

first lets me just tell you this-
RUN TO LOEHMANNS, go now. they have the BEST merchandise right now. Marc Jacobs bathing suits and cover-ups. for a steal. go its the first week of May, thats a need for the next four months! 


I have this thought a lot. DOES ANYBODY WORK IN LA?!  At any given hour of the day you are guaranteed traffic. During meal hours at any "good" restaurant (translation: a restaurant in which people who think they are somebody, think they are going to see somebody's). 
Yesterday I have nothing to do, naturally. Trying to find something to do when you do not want to spend a fortune, is, well, daunting...  
so I am at the Beverly Center- wearing my new Tods (not a fortune, because I bought them on the sale table at the outlets, CABAZON BABY!) and I am of course getting blisters as I roam. SO, I decide to sit, yep.. there I am sitting on one of those couches with loads of men, waiting on their women. 
I start to realize, EVERYONE, in the mall, is dressed to the nines. EVERYONE, is carrying packages... gucci, bendels, vuitton, bloomingdales,... ISN'T THIS A RECESSION? 
I look at my watch, yep... Monday at 2 o'clock. It isn't even a shopping sunday... I'd like to think these are Europeans, spending their euro's.. but these people are all tattoed, wearing sunglasses indoors, and wearing clothes that cost them a fortune but look like shlumps.. THEY ARE DEFINITELY ANGELENOS.  you know, Mary-Kate chic. 

once I muster up the courage to wobble around with my new blisters on my feet, dare I buy sandals at forever 21 to compensate? I wonder into MACY's, 
OH MY GOSH-
rachel by Rachel Roy, best line I think I have ever layed eyes on. SHE HIT THE NAIL! the price point is so low- 50-200$ for QUALITY QUALITY spot on, great collection. I advise you do that as well. By the way, its exclusive to Macys. and.. macys.com does her zero justice. the textiles, the fabric... all top notch. 

So back to my original thought- does anybody work in LA? I guess it makes sense, think about... a town full of transplants of actor-singer-models... maybe even dancer ;) so I suppose the scheduling is sort of freelance of the masses.. BUT, there has to be agents, producers, writers, accountants, CEO's, managers, blah blah blah, to go along with this industry... they work, don't they? Isn't LA so funny... just drive down Cannon at noon, and then Beverly, and basically- you don't even need to laugh at the Soup, you can find your own goldmine. 

So later, I will lunch with my friend from Newport- who is in LA.... for- "a career coach" essentially, you have to laugh.. how LA is that? BUT- here is the reality- HOW DOES ONE FIND A CAREER, let alone a job. You really have to hustle, know somebody, or strike it lucky... and maybe a coach will help? WHO AM I TO JUDGE? just some girl, who thinks writing her thoughts on her computer in her apartment is going to help her? SO... to each their OWN! DREAM ON. 

One more thought- this is the most "material" post.. Loehmann's, TODS, Rachel Roy, etc. and NOW... 
HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY LAST NIGHT, may I just say- HELLO CAROLINE MANZO! how happy can I be, NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY, new episodes every week.. its two hours of pure joy. You cannot help it. "let me tell you-a-something about my family, we are as thick as thieves" NEVER GETS OLD. Never. 
So if you are sitting @ home... especially if you live in LA.. get outside, its 80 degrees, and go watch the people... there are A LOT of them, out everywhere.. and I promise you this- you will start to dream.. thinking of thoughts, of all different kinds. AND ALSO, may I remind you.. the grass is always greener, if you were at work.. stuck at a cubicle.. dreaming of watching the Housewives, being at the Beverly Center, and maybe even a la scala chopped ...


- LET ME TELL YOU THIS- 
I would kill to be in your cubicle, being productive,... reading blogs ;). 

SHALOM. 

a personal glimpse- I recently got married, in December... quick rundown. He is in law school, it is law school finals time... aka- he is MIA. but, being a wanna-be domestic goddess, you still have to fix dinner, have homemade cookies waiting, and pretend to half understand the stress in which the other is under. long story short.. never stop trying, same as dreaming, effort is key in life. period. 

and off to run "errands"... because here I am, not working.. in LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment