A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

VEGAS!

oh wait, I mean DISNEYLAND!

I am the biggest fan of Vegas (to the extent that I say its one of our best metropolitan cities, GREAT HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING AND ENTERTAINMENT. DUH!).. we all know, and of course I am an equally large fan of Disneyland (to the point I go there to escape, got engaged there, check into the Grand Californian regularly, and dream of owning the new million dollar homes 'Golden Oak' built on Disneyworld property WITH FOUR SEASONS SPA ACCESS!, DEAD SERIOUS). Well, the two worlds collide at GLOW FEST.. in California Adventure, and I am not as big of a fan as one would assume.

Well before diving in full force to rag on this.. I have to say, THERE ARE SOME DEFINITE PERKS.. AND IF I had one of those glowing cocktails in my system that they were selling, I MIGHT HAVE BEEN ON CLOUD NINE and thought I had died and gone to heaven on "Hollywood Blvd." via Disney.

FIRST THINGS FIRST- THEY HAVE A FOOD TRUCK PARKED INSIDE OF THE PARK... now that makes it the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ALL RIGHT. Naturally, I got it.. I mean I pull over on the real Hollywood Blvd. if I spy a good truck.. obviously I am going to be a loyal patron and buy food from it at DISNEYLAND..


But can we please slow down from the extreme fulfillment and excitement that I was getting from the food truck and focus on the fact that they turned Hollywood Blvd. at a Disney park into the real deal.. they had go-go dancers dancing on platforms granted they were wearing glow in the dark body suits, but it still was erotic and completely overhwelmingly innapropriate, not to mention the stands in the middle of the street selling alcohol that you were allowed to walk down the street carrying.. If I had children, I may have been extremely mortified. Not "family friendly".

If you are still yearning for the feeling you had at Coachella.. maybe just head on down to Hollywood Blvd. at California Adventure, and you will feel right at home!
I was on total sensory overload.. you could go to these areas and dance and it was projected up onto the walls. I don't know, maybe I was overwhelmed by the company I was in.. and the sober state of mind, but it was a lot! AND I will remind you.. I could see the success and the fun it could be.. but as a sober, pixie dust sprinkled, happy ending loving disney go-er, this was a little bit too much for me!

In natural fashion.. we had chosen Cal Adventure so we could see the new show, World of Color.. and, it got canceled.. my poor friend who showed us the tricks.. still pretty good little secrets to know, thanks!

I have to throw this in this tidbit- My mommy and I saw a group of kids all get the MAX score on buzz... that is just MINDBOGGGGGLING. 

working at Disney seems like a DREAM...I wanna chase that dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment