A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

twilight. zone.

So I was reading a quote that the author of twilight was talking about how she just does not feel in the zone or motivated to finish the last manuscript or book or whatever it is, .... I am not a twihard, so I barely follow. I totally get her though, and the passion behind it,
Sometimes I wake up in the night with thoughts racing for books, or chapters, or even blog posts.. and if I don't write down little notes, or just simply sit and write pages and pages right then.. those thoughts are gone the next day, heck the next five minutes. It is so interesting how the brain works that way.
Makes me think about passion and motivation on the whole.
Are we only motivated for brief moments of time, we can feel whole-heartily so passionate about something... be willing to give up everything to work for that one thing, and then in a moments time, that passion fades.. and we essentially snap back.
Break-ups are like that.. think about it, you are with someone, and essentially you are intimately connected closer to that person than almost any other in your life.. and then one day it can be over, and basically you are forced to let go of everything and move on.. and then to function as if it never happened, they never existed, and you didn't loose something so near and dear. Quite a concept. Props to anyone who has gone thru a hard one.
But really, I was thinking about this concept immensely. On the whole.
WE CREATE THESE IDEAS, DREAMS IF YOU WILL.. we map them out, we imagine them, and then one day, the dream dies.. it is wasted. NOT ALWAYS, some of us follow some of these dreams, we create realities, and we keep coming up with new dreams to tackle... EVEN THE MOST PROACTIVE OF PERSON.. who follows and materializes most of their dreams, still comes up with great ideas and dreams that they never attempt.. (TIMEOUT, there is a screaming battle outside my window in some form of an Asian dialect, and its quite funny to listen to.. aka- DISTRACTED and there goes my thought ;))
anyways, an easy example would be... a business idea, You come up with some great little concept that you would be great at, and could really do, research it a little, think about it often.. days and weeks pass, months, and eventually its just an "idea" you have had, WHY NOT TRY IT? of course there is risk.. but PROGRESS ALWAYS INVOLVES RISK.. someone once told me, "YOU CAN'T STEAL SECOND, WITHOUT TAKING YOUR FOOT OFF OF FIRST."
So I guess my goal is this- when I wake up with these thoughts.. write them down, who cares if I loose sleep,... maybe I will end up with a great book to publish, and when I have an idea, try my best to materialize it. Obviously this cannot be the answer for every dream and idea I have, and some will be wasted, but if we can be the most proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win win win.... SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND THEN BE UNDERSTOOD.. we will always be dreamers, ...

and we can always KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!


stay in the ZONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment