A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friend of the Friendless

Thoughts lately...



My friendship cup has always been more then full. Not even half full. I am so impressed, amazed, obsessed, proud of all the people in my life past, present, and now.. here is the key FUTURE.

So because I am so content and friendship glass full.. I haven't made "new" friends in quite some time. I sort of have thought.. my life is so stable, so steady, who needs new everyday friends.

Well,... here is the thing.. I am sort of craving BRACE YOURSELF "couple friends". EEEk... I don't want to be that person.. but it is true. I have been married 18 months... how long before my friends start coupling off and hanging out with us? When do we start sharing friends.. when do they go from "my friends" and "your friends"?

It's a weird thought.

So when you have kids.. you naturally make friends who have kids the same age from the kiddie events you go to, like "my gym" "music class" whatever it may be...

for every stage of life you sort of have "friends".

"CHILDHOOD FRIENDS". "HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS". "COLLEGE FRIENDS".

OK so I have all of those, and they are all near and dear. irreplaceable. But... people go through life in different stages.. so where are my "MARRIED FRIENDS"?

I grew up around other families, my parents had so many good "family friends" where the sets of parents got on so nicely.. when will I find those? Or will it be my childhood friends future spouse's... what if we don't get along really well? UGH...

I should just be thrilled that I have girlfriends I love and appreciate them.. forget "couple friends"!


OK in true Sabrina style.. I guess the answer is this

who cares? it works this way, my husband is a trooper and likes me to go off with my friends solo as much as I so choose...
but,

There is a part of me who craves Shabbat dinners with other couples,...

TIMEOUT:
I just found the most perfect spot on article about this..... see it is not just me.... and I encourage you to read this.. AMAZING!!
http://www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle/290409-forming-a-double-act-with-couples


I am serious.. read that article!!!


Dreaming of the perfect friendship answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment