A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dirty Nails is therapeutic?

yesterday afternoon I accompanied a dear friend to Rogers Gardens which I normally always LOVE. I am nostalgic for Christmas time every visit I take, and I admire the well kept incredible gardens and my mind starts to swarm with idea's/dream's for the "one day" effect (as I like to call it.. meaning.. ONE DAY I will do this, ONE DAY I will have this, ONE day I will make this a reality... etc.).
However, yesterday was different. All I could think was, although not much makes me happier then a beautiful garden tea party,

or an impressionist garden landscape oil painting,

  fresh herbs from the garden out back, cabbage roses, peonies, I quite simply cannot grasp the idea of "gardening". My Father has a green thumb and is known to LOVE to grow things, plant things, maintain gardens... etc. He could spend hours outside cultivating a tomato plants growth. My mom has transported her rose bushes from our home in Los Angeles 20 years ago to Newport, and now to our desert home.. and they keep blossoming year and after year.

 Now my friend was going to get dirty. HOW COME I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE THIS? The labor behind it, the dirty hands,... how can I love the idea but not the reality, or dream of my future gardens but not want to put in the manual labor? 

Maybe my real dream is to be able to have a gardener who can maintain the grounds? Just being honest here people...

Here is the dream: to be able to entertain in my well kept garden, decorating the table with the flowers that are grown, and cooking with the herbs that are grown... that is a rational, truthful dream of mine.. that I will make come true!

I can see it now.. our pug running wild in our English Rose Garden while I have a mother daughter afternoon tea! Eloise themed... 

just the thought of this DREAM coming to fruition has me in the most delightful mood! 



No comments:

Post a Comment