A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Speaker Series.

Last night my grandparents in-law (does that make sense?) took us to a speaker series, where..
Colin Powell, Condeleezza Rice, and Madeleine Albright spoke. Needless to say, a night with the secretaries of state is going to be interesting. Well it was, but it wasn't as mind boggling or thought provoking as I had anticipated. The one thing I know, is it is so important to stay active and go to things like this.. once removed from academia it becomes so far removed for us. We get into our everyday work schedules and lives, and we forget to take time to think outside the box and be provoked or motivated. or maybe I am just speaking for myself.. I forget to stay actively informed in other things then what is in my lap. Currently I work for a women's cancer non-proft, so naturally my mind may be socially and societally active... but cancer and foundation based... I left my roots of loving to stay informed on greater picture, the world, the politics, the state of our unions. I never want to go for months again without a night like this. It is good for our soul, our society, and ourselves. So start googling what speakers might provoke you.. and get your tickets!!! or just buy their book?

Dreaming of seeing hmm... I might like to see a panel with Netanyahu and Ahmadinejad.. now that would be a hot ticket to get your hands on wouldn't it? KEEP DREAMING...

No comments:

Post a Comment