A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Choices. Decisions. Quality of Life.

Ultimately.. I have been embracing the simple reality, that life is a series of decisions/choices, and we have to be happy and embrace the ones that we make.. and CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!


well, on that note- I have really started to get into a loving dedicated relationship with LA. even when in the beautiful land of Newport... I try to remind myself that I love the culture and hustle and get off on the oddities of a big city.

but let me just be honest.. and say.. I really think that there is a whole lot to be said about THE SIMPLE LIFE, thank you Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton.. because you got it right years ago... forget driving onto the 101 the wrong way, or borrowing purses from Lindsay Lohan in vegas with your coke in it.. I THINK MAYBE YOU SHOULDA STAYED MILKING COWS IN PODUNK..


TANGENT.

anyways, my point... life is pretty happy but the ocean, with outdoor parking lots in-front of Bloomingdales and Neimans.. FREE ONES MAY I ADD..  whatever moral of this story.. here is a picture that reminded me.. although I love the restaurants, the life, the challenge, of LA.. I can never give up the reality that.. I LOVE EASY.. I LOVE THE BEAUTY AND PEACE OF BEING IN SUBURBIA.. AND YES I CONSIDER NEWPORT BEACH SUBURBIA..


I guess a grander message of this post... is.. how do we measure our quality of life. OBVIOUSLY HEALTH IS NUMBER 1. But from there.... I guess it is just in the eye of the beholder, as most things are. Define success, happiness, and power,.. and we all will answer differently..
well as of this moment: I think my definition is being at peace with our choices and decision.. and making sure that every moment we possibly can, we choose to be happy.. and I think being by the ocean/bay/water.. always seems to help me to be happy! 

maybe I will go take a bath.. because now I am dreaming of water!!! ALOHA! and I could swear I hear rain outside.. as @AdamLambert tweeted, "the early bird gets the rain in Dallas" 
ha and yes I am a groupie weirdo fan of Adam. GUILTY!!! MAKES ME WANNA LISTEN TO MUSIC AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment