A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Falling Behind or Jumping Ahead?

The beauty of a blog... of my sorts.. is that essentially it really is just like a public diary, and the reality is.. no one is really reading it. I am from a generation of typers.. rather then beautiful penmanship I can boast that I type 75+WPM, not bad eh?
Moral of the story.. we can create a forum for our thoughts on this blogspot at our own leisure.

Well, my life has taken a shift as I think we all take shifts in ideology and beliefs quite a few times in our lives.

People ask me day in and day out how the job search is coming, well unless you are offering me one, don't ask.. because I have come to realize, it is like asking someone who is 40 when they are going to have a baby... THEY GET IT.. I GET IT. well, here is my bit.. I have come to such peace with the whole job search and process.. I went on this interview a week or two ago, for a huge yogurt conglomerate.. the office was my dream come true, a yogurt bar in the office, bright pink walls.. just utopia for me, the only thing better would have been if it was corporate Disney. Anyhow, needless to say, the job is not mine... and finally I have come to terms with being turned down. I am in a happy happy place, in this new marriage (9mnths is still newlywed!!) getting into this groove and appreciation of sharing, learning lessons, in this beautiful apartment in Beverly Hills, close enough to Newport that I can go to my parents and friends whenever my heart desires. I think Carrie Bradshaw says it best "can we have it all"... the job, the apartment, the boyfriend... well, maybe we can, and I am sure one day I will.. but for now I am pretty darn content with the slice of Pie that I have. I feel like I have my cake and I am eating yogurt on the side ;). What a rant.. but I do think we have to be at peace with wherever we are in lives.. yes we need to push and strive and do better and fight for our progression in career/personal/health/whatever it may be.. but first you have to be OK with yourself and happy... and I am.

I kept thinking how can I not have a really great world beating job by now? I am destined to do big things in this world... but then I REALIZED.. I AM 24 YEARS OLD.. I HAVE TRAVELED ENDLESSLY, HAD ALL THE FUN I COULD EVER WANT, HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS, AM MARRIED, AND AM TEACHING KIDS HOW TO SWIM, DOING SIDE JOBS, EXPLORING,.... what is it that I felt I was missing.. NOTHING!!!!

I also would like to stress doing what makes you happy, I shop a lot, YES.. but I SIMPLY DIE FOR CLOTHES... I bought this blazer the other day, black and white, with a huge bow, and well.. that little gem has put a sparkle in my eye.. or I found these chanel shoes I thought my dad had thrown away, BRAND NEW IN THE BOX.. and when I put those little guys on my feet, I just dream of the places of which they will take me.. or better yet the adventures I will take them on!!

I am just now starting to really feel the benefits of marriage.. it is so rewarding and personal.. just a blurb I wanted to share.

oh and one more thing: at this point, I also have come to realize, I do not want just ANY job, it has to be something great, that I will work hard at, work hard for, and I think that it is important that I now feel that way,.. because when it comes and it happens to me.. WATCH OUT WORLD...

DREAMING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment