A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Doing BIG things

Turning 25 in six months has made me stop and go, gosh have I done some pretty rad things in my days so far.
One of my best friends little sister's is going to teach English in South Korea for a year (they gave her a fabulous going away party on the beach in the gated neighborhood of which we grew up, with tiki torches, a steel drum band COCONUT FRANK! full bar with the most clever cocktail names... and the TK burger truck.. aka- successful night of heaven and a reminder that the comfort and luxuries of home will always be there, things wont ever change at home drastically and when you do BIG things, you get a BIG celebration in return ;))... while I know lots of people who have taken jobs abroad, studied abroad (including myself)... traveled abroad.. etc. etc. etc. I think it is pretty humbling, honorable, and HECK... simply just cool to go and teach english in a sort of not so enticing country for a year while we are young, free, uninhibited, and HECK.... WHILE THE ECONOMY IS BAD ANYWAYS AND JOBS ARE SELDOM..

I started to think about my surroundings and all the people I know and have come by and all the incredibly interesting things we have all involved ourselves in.


I just think the bottom line is: KEEP DOING BIG THINGS WHILE WE CAN... TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY THAT COMES TO OUR DOORS... NEVER SAY NO OR THINK TWICE... because this is the time. THE HERE AND NOW, before we have kids, and mortgages, before we have serious responsibilities... and do BIG things always.

HATS off to those of you who are taking risks and making moves.. that is what life is about, that is how we shape our futures by acting in the present... MAKE IT HAPPEN!! DREAM BIG.. ACT ON IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment