A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bragging blogger, aka- VALENTINES POST!

PUMP THE BREAKS- I am not your average blogger who posts pictures of every lovely event in their lives and then fails to mention anything besides trips to the park, beach, concerts, dinners, holidays, BLAH BLAH BLAH- YOU GET THE PICTURE..
but, I do have to say.. no matter your situation, relationship status, or even your epistemological beliefs regarding Valentines Day.. I SAY GET OVER IT- AND EMBRACE IT..
I am so sick of Birthdays, Christmas, Chanukkah, anniversary... BECAUSE THE OBLIGATION TO GIFT, BLOWS.. face it..
I LOVE TO CELEBRATE LOVED ONES, I AM THE BIRTHDAY QUEEN NORMALLY, but I hate people feeling obligated to gift me, and vice versa.. it is just too much, too often, and not fun.. YET..

VALENTINES IS DIFFERENT.. it is plain and simple- pure. You give based on love, warmth, romance, friendship, .. gestures made on Valentines are kind and from a good place, people give to say, I LOVE YOU- I APPRECIATE YOU- I AM HERE FOR YOU-.... there is something to be said for a holiday based on these principles.

so all that said, I will post some pictures of the at-home love motivated project/craft for the hubs,   motivated by my friend Morgan.. she did this for her hubs a year back, and I followed suit, with her guidance and a huge touch of myself (aka- hers was perfectly aligned as you can see in the picture of her finished product.. matching map styles, etc. MINE HOWEVER: REPRESENTS.. us, the places we visited in Europe together.. all different styles, quirky, character.. )

 work in progress....
 finished product?

Needless to say, yes I got flowers, card, candy, my favorite cupcakes, he had a maid service come and clean the whole house...blah blah- and I appreciate all those kind gestures.. BUT MOST OF ALL,

I appreciate .... THAT..


I got to order chinese delivery, eat it in bed, watch The Bachelor and Gossip Girl,.. all on Valentines day after a long day in the office- see that.. is LOVE. When your partner respects and knows you well enough to let you do you,.. stop judging.. we went to the Desert last weekend, he got to Golf twice..
HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment