A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gone Country..

Well, when I began dating my hubs.. long story short, our song became "god bless the broken road" by Rascal Flatts (which I secretly always found so stupid, SORRY ALEX, but we met at 20.. and got married a few weeks shy of 24 so.. there wasn't exactly a broken road.. but heck, I will take it)
so... this past weekend we went to Rascal Flatts concert... and.. well, I DUG THE COUNTRY VIBES.. and Rascal in general. Now.. I have fond memories of Rascal in general.. one being in Greece, swimming in the Med, a couple friends and I were belting out, "MY WISH"... and then some other good ones too,
I had so many thoughts during this concert... I think it was the first time I was at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater sober... was my first thought- and I really liked sitting in a seat not on the lawn... I really found the country music crowd humorous, yet refreshing (well until the drunk girl sitting next to Alex started holding him closely and telling him all about her postpartum depression while groping him... that was a little awkward, to say the least,.... more for him then for me I think)
But really, they played for two straights hours.. they narrated the whole concert, made it personal, relatable, and emotional.. I truly thought- THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY WHOLESOME AND AMERICAN ABOUT THIS.. and I dug it...
BUT HERE IS THE KICKER... so I have tried to tone down my ultimate stalker bizarre fanship with Adam Lambert on my blog or my twitter, because.. well, it is just not so normal and quite out of character...all judgment aside, the bottom line is- I am a Glambert.. a straight freakshow adoring fan.. AND... well..
RASCAL FLATTS BROUGHT OUT ORIANTHI FOR A NUMBER.. and that was the opening act for GLAM NATION for Adam... ISN'T THAT SUCH A WEIRD SIGN? it was like my two worlds musically collided in such an out of body weird way... THIS IS SUCH A SMALL WORLD... of all the artists, and all the concerts, venues, in the world... how do those two, country, and rock pop (whatever you wanna label it) COLLIDE AND INTERTWINE? I loved that moment.. I couldn't stop laughing.. bc well, she may not be my favorite musical act and I had made a negative comment to Alex earlier that "at least I don't have to listen to Orianthi again" (she is talented though) and then low and behold... OUT SHE COMES... taught me to maybe bite my tongue...

ANYWAYS, the concert re-ignited many feelings/thoughts within me,
1) I am glad to be sober at a concert and enjoy it with Alex
2) there is something to be said for country music, its lyrics, stories, and wholesome environment
3) I am now a fan of the opening act.. Sara Evans, adored her!!
4) maybe Alex and I need a new song? ;).. a different Rascal song will do,...
5) my husband was rocking out the whole time, even to the Jesus gospel music.. such a good Jew
6) I am a patriotic sap.. who loves American themed anything.

and... Country music sort of keeps the American Dream alive..... keep dreamin'



Oh' and now I am in the market for some REALLY rad cowboy boots.. dreamin of boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment