A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our State Fair is a great state fair, don't miss it, don't even be late!

THE ORANGE COUNTY FAIR IS BACK.. AND BETER THAN EVER!!

I mean that statement.. obviously for years I have done the fair thing.. my entire existence, we even used to drive down from LA to Newport to attend the fair, and we would watch State Fair always the night before attending..

Well my husband and I went just the two of us and boy was it a lovely experience.. I will be back multiple times in the next weeks, but the first time we sure went with a BANG!!

The baby piggies were born that day!!! I am so obsessed with them.. I stood there for an hour asking questions and studying them... and no I didn't order chocolate covered bacon after falling in love with them! Almost enough to force me into being a vegetarian.. but not quite! 


So we found a new creation of deep fried goodness at the fair this year.. and maybe only Paula Deen could appreciate it.. but.. it is..

DEEP FRIED BUTTER!!! 
I think I was too excited and overwhelmed I forgot to take a picture. I WILL RETURN.. and share.
It was basically unreal. The name of the kiosk selling it "heart attack cafe" they basically stuff a churro with frozen butter.. fry it.. and dip it in either cinnamon sugar or garlic. TO DIE.

naturally deep fried oreos are always a winner as well

Then there is the beloved petting zoo..
visits to the Physcics.. and watching of the hypnotist..
walks down the midway..
CONCERTS (ADAM LAMBERT THIS YEAR..HEAVEN!!) 

Alex and I got suckered into ordering Sparkletts for our house, we were thirsty.. and under the deep fried food spell..

There is just so much fair goodness I don't really even know where to begin. 

Next fair stop: BBQ CORN.. that is always a winner. and I will get it next time when we go with the group of friends we have gone with for years.. traditions at the fair! My friend always gets a cheese on a stick.. and we stand at the Vita-Mix mans demonstrations for hours...or lay in the hammocks. AAH SUCH GOOD MEMORIES OF THE PAST AND THE FUTURE TO CREATE! 

Dreaming of my next trip to the fair.. sooner rather than later!!

Uhm did I mention that one of my best friends and I even performed at the fair once? OH YES. its on video. 

and.. my mom used to have us enter items at the fair, like cookies and stuff.. SO DOMESTIC and wholesome we are!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment