A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

AGE-ISMS

So... I turned 25 on Sunday, YIKES. This might be the last age I actually admit my real age. I FINALLY GET IT, I get why women for decades, centuries, all of time, have lied about their age. AGE SUCKS.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE... NOBODY LIKES TO GET OLD, yes we can blossom and embrace life, make the most of the years, and even thrive with time.. but that doesn't mean that you still don't reminisce about old times, and love youth.

that sure was a wise man who said- YOUTH IS WAISTED ON THE YOUNG.

I already feel that way. ALREADY.

SO LET'S BE HONEST- I can joke that I am having a quarter life crisis, but I am doing pretty well, 25 I have a job that I don't hate, I might even go as far as to say, that it is a pretty good fit and that I feel good about it, I am married, and I have a great apartment.. I guess Carrie Bradshaw might say "can we have it all?" BUT... yes I have done my fair share of experiencing life.. traveled a great deal, accomplished plenty, but.. isn't there always more..

THE ONE THING I NEVER WANT TO BE IS THAT PERSON WHO IS ALWAYS SAYING "I WAS AN ALL-AMERICAN IN COLLEGE" "I LIVED IN EUROPE WHEN I WAS 22"
you get the picture?

I WANT TO APPRECIATE AND EMBRACE MY PAST AND ALL THAT I HAVE DONE.. but shouldn't I keep doing?

REAL LIFE BEGINS... bills become a reality- phone bill, water bill, electric bill, credit card bills, student loans, rent, I MEAN.. these things really take over, and this is from a girl whose parents still pay her insurance costs, car and health... thank goodness. Did I mention they even pay for gas? eek. But... I am still struggling. IT IS CRAZY!! HOW DOES ANYONE DO IT ALL ON THEIR OWN?


moral of the story- for some reason I was a little hesitant and un-celebratory about turning TWENTY-FIVE. and as I began to share this with people.. EVERYONE STARTED TO TELL ME THEIR..

"SCARY-AGE".


EVERYONE HAS ONE.


for most it is 30, 40, 50, 60, the decades. BUT FOR SOME REASON, 25 to me.. is just like 30, 25 sounds like,
OK GIRL, YOU ARE NO LONGER IN YOUR EARLY 20'S YOU ARE NOT FRESH OUT OF COLLEGE, YOU ARE NOT HELD AT A LOWER LEVEL, you are an ADULT, a full fledged functioning member of society expected to pick up the pieces and be a mover- and a shaker. What you do now, COUNTS.


I am accountable. ACCOUNTABLE. what a word.

SO GRAB HOLD OF 25, or any age that you are, (if you are above 25 ;)) and start acting it, NOW IS OUR TIME TO MAKE CHANGES IN OUR WORLD.. TO BE THE ADULT WE ALWAYS SORT OF SHIED AWAY FROM BEING... NOW IS WHEN OUR YOUTHFULNESS IS STILL ALIVE, BUT WE HAVE THE POWER TO BE ADULTS AND MAKE CHANGE!!! and no, not the kind of change you all fell into with Obama.. the real kind, the kind that makes you feel proud of your everyday actions.

go make those dreams reality... HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY GIRL, NOW GET MOVING!

1 comment: