A PLACE TO SHARE MY DREAMS AND INSPIRE SOME OF YOUR OWN!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Tomorrow it starts, Monday"

You know the drill... "OH, tomorrow is Monday I will eat healthy starting then". Feels like I say that three weeks out of the month, whoops.

Well, I can never promise to you that it will stick, but the outlook is always pretty good on Tuesday mornings.


Last night I went wild with the healthy cooking and prep for the week. I want to share. First of all the new joke in our household (Alex and I's) is that we are getting "heart-healthy". My father may not be scared by his little episode but my poor husband sure is. Put him into a fury of "gotta get healthy" mindset.


SO.. I made some fun things!

Started at the grocery store... 



Then decided to attempt homemade salad dressing the results were AMAZING. I put half an avocado, 2 tablespoons of non-fat sour cream, organic parsley, cilantro, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.. and BOOM! 



 The next thing I do often, because I am married to a freak who hates when I am lazy with chicken (AKA- I cannot marinade the chicken in the same casserole that I cook it in, or put it back without washing it... ya, ya I get it.. most people are that way) SO, to save myself an extra dish I prep it in the container I buy it in, then place it in a plastic baggy to marinate.
4 breast cut in half to last throughout the week, with fresh garlic, lemon, parsley, and rosemary. EASY, fresh, and yummy.
 Now: the interesting thing- KALE CHIPS. 3 different friends had recommended trying this, so I finally did. Rip up some fresh Kale, throw it on a cookie sheet with some olive oil, salt and pepper and bake! They were soooo good fresh, they have gotten a little soggy sitting desk-side this AM, but still good.
 AND: Pressed Juicery. I am trying to learn how to make my own juices but they just never seem to come out right, or edible for that matter.
PS- the PRESSED man yesterday made me feel so much better when he told me they aren't necessarily intended to be a meal. PHEWY.

DREAMING that this time the health kick sticks a little. HERE'S HOPING...

No comments:

Post a Comment